The Basketball Program at the Boys & Girls Club of Garfield is an enriching environment where young athletes develop discipline, coordination, and teamwork. The program is not just about learning the game; it’s a place where youth can grow, both in their athletic skills and in their capacity to work as part of a team. Our approach is to encourage each player to reach their full potential, emphasizing the importance of commitment, both in practice and in games, while upholding our Code of Conduct. This program is a perfect blend of sportsmanship, skill development, and personal growth.
Season and Registration
- Registration starts in the fall. Specific dates will be announced closer to October.
- The season begins in January and runs through March.
- Membership: Sports Membership is $15 for the entire season
- Cost: The basketball program is priced at $75
- Registration: All youth must have an active Sports Membership to participate. Enrollment is completed via the Parent Portal only. No registration can be completed in person or over the phone.
- Prices are subject to change at any time.
Code of Conduct
- All participants must maintain strict adherence to our Code of Conduct.
Attendance and Commitment
- A minimum of 75% attendance is expected.
Equipment and Uniforms
- All players will be provided uniforms. No deposits or returns are required.
- All players must provide their own sneakers.
- No uniform personalization is allowed.
Specific practice schedules are determined by the coaches after registration. Once the youth are registered, the assigned coach will communicate the youth’s practice schedule. Our main offices will not be able to communicate specific schedules. For more information or if you have questions or concerns, please contact our coaches at Coaches@BGCGarfield.org
- Entering 1st through 8th grade.
- Must not be turning 15 years of age during the season period.
- Must be at least 6 years of age.